- The first photo of kidnap victim Jaycee Dugard was released this past week. She was featured in People magazine’s Friday issue. In the issue, she opens up about her ordeal and appears on the front cover. It’s amazing that her captor kept her locked up all of these years, yet somehow she managed to blossom into a beautiful woman who appears to have overcome her tragic circumstances.
- Poor Leona Lewis took one to the head when a crazed fan punched her. Lewis was signing copies of her autobiography when Peter Kowalcyzk came up and hit her. Luckily, she’s fine and only shaken. Her attacker was arrested last Thursday and charged with assault.
- Even the governor’s wife isn’t above the Terminator. Maria Shriver, wife of Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, was caught talking on her cell phone while driving. California State law requires those driving to use hands-free cell phones, so Ms. Shriver broke a law her husband supports. In reaction to this, Schwarzenegger took to Twitter: “There’s going to be swift action,” he posted.
- French Vogue caused an uproar with its black model featured on its October issue. Apparently, not only do models have to drop weight and fix imperfections, they now have to change their race. I’m sorry, but there is not enough airbrushing or paint that can turn a white model into a black one. Clearly they know nothing about diversity.
- These days, you don’t need to go through adoption agencies to take in children. All you have to do is trade your cockatoo and pay $175 for two children. Or at least that was the deal a Louisiana couple made with a woman, according to FOX. The couple, Paul and Brandy Romero, pled guilty to two felony counts of sale of a minor child. Donna Greenwell of Glenmora, the woman who sold them the child, pled not guilty to the same charge and is free on bond. The crazy part is that Greenwell isn’t even the mother of the children, yet somehow she feels the right to sell them!
- “Gimme Gimme More,” the teaser pics from Britney’s “3” video shoot are killing me. The lady who never shies away from controversy looks like she’s done it again. Her song about a scandalous rendezvous is hot enough, but with the video, it looks like it will heat up TV screens everywhere.
- Good news Syracuse residents: Soft flexible knits are in. ‘What does this mean?’ It is okay to wear sweaters and cardigans that drape across your body. So don’t worry about wearing pieces that look loose, as long as you don’t overdo it you won’t look like a bag lady. Finally, we can feel cozy and look trendy.
- I can’t wait to see Penn Badgley’s horror movie debut. We fall in love with him every Monday as Dan Humphrey on ‘Gossip Girl’, but now we get to see him as a sexy bad boy, home from school and ready to take down his psycho stepfather. Yahoo! Users give it an A- , so maybe it’s worth checking out.