- No one should say ‘Bye Bye Bye’ to N’SNYC just yet. According to Chris Kirkpatrick, there’s potential for a reunion. People.com quotes the boy bander saying, “I think when the stars are aligned, the time is right, and all five of us have our heads on straight and know the direction we’re going as a band, it’ll eventually happen. If not, I know we’ll be best friends forever.” Hey , I can’t lie. I was a big NSNYC fan, but I think they should take a cue from The Backstreet Boys and realize 40-year-olds can’t break it down. Please just leave it to Justin!
- If you didn’t care about Swine Flu before, you should now. The Associated Press broke the story that Obama has declared the swine flu outbreak a national emergency. The declaration, announced Saturday, will give the health chief the power he needs to give hospitals the go-ahead to move their emergency rooms offsite in order to quickly treat those infected and protect those who aren’t. The flu has had a serious impact on the nation, as health authorities report that over 1000 people have died from H1N1, and there has been widespread activity of the flu in 46 states.
- A young girl nicknamed ‘Little Mermaid’ died this past weekend. Shiloh Pepin captured people’s heart, sharing her medical condition, Sirenomelia, and her life with the world. Though her legs were fused together, her kidney only worked partially, and she had no lower colon, that didn’t bring her down. Oprah featured her story on her show and other television programs followed her unique daily life. Not only was her story interesting, it was inspiring.
- Watch out: Rihanna is back and tougher than ever. She has just dropped her new single ‘Russian Roulette’ and after listening to it, I’d like to see someone try to mess with her. Don’t be fooled by the slow beat because the lyrics are chilling. The crazy single is off her fourth album Rated R. The album is set to be released November 23rd.
- This year, if you want to be freaky for Halloween, be Lady Gaga. Lucky for you, someone took the time to make a step-by-step tutorial of how to dress like the ‘Paparazzi’ crooner. It takes 3.5 hours to make the red lace costume she wore to the Video Music Awards. But if you follow the video’s directions, you can do it in less than 10. Find some an ugly lace sheet, wrap it all over so you suffocate yourself, and presto! You are now Lady Gaga.
- Wow, Jodie Sweetin, A.K.A. Stephanie Tanner, drops some big bombs about her past drug addiction in her memoir. The book, entitled unSweetined, chronicles her battle with drugs from a young age up through the day she finally gave them up. I’m sure good old Danny Tanner would make Stephanie wash her mouth out just for talking about these things.
- Some people might think that rockers just think about money and partying, but that’s not true. Metallica posted a comment on its website about the Virginia tech student that went missing after its concert, according to NoiseCreep.com . The post said ,”We are deeply concerned about the disappearance of Morgan Dana Harrington…She was not carrying I.D. or a cell phone. Morgan was separated from her friends shortly before 9 PM at the venue, and police have been searching the area since Monday. We encourage anyone who has any information regarding Morgan’s disappearance to please come forward. Our thoughts are with Morgan and her family for her safe return.”
- It looks like ‘Glee’ is a big hit. The show that has people laughing and loving its song renditions has spurred some future projects. There is talk that two albums featuring songs from the show will be released in November and December, as well a release of a Christmas single. Some stars from the show may also be doing solo albums. If this isn’t enough to get you excited, there may also be a summer 2010 tour.