- Some moms may hate their daughter-in-laws, but it looks like Kevin Jonas picked well. His mom, Denise, told People Magazine, “I really think she is the right girl,” when speaking of Danielle Deleasa. She jokes with Kevin about the similarities between her and Danielle, “ You’re marrying you mother—but she’s just thinner and prettier.” That joke is a little awkward, but nonetheless, it’s nice Mama Jonas isn’t throwing down over letting one of her sons go. I guess it’s because she has three others. A word to Frankie Jonas, your mom is never going to let you go.
- Every girl dreams of homecoming, but for one 15-year-old girl, the event was a nightmare. Police in Richmond, California arrested five people suspected of attacking a girl outside her high school dance. “She was raped, beaten, robbed and dehumanized by several suspects who were obviously OK enough with it to behave that way in each other’s presence,” said Richmond Police Lieutenant Mark Gagan. According to Fox News, authorities are still searching for others involved in the attack.
- Good news for anyone who has to bury someone on a budget. Wal-Mart now sells caskets. Huh? The prices for Wal-Marts lovely caskets beat what you would pay for one at a funeral home. A majority of the caskets are under $2,000, they ship in 48hrs, but sorry no returns accepted. Uh, I think Wal-Mart has reached a whole new level. I just thought I would throw in this little piece of news, in honor of Halloween.
- Justin Beiber just released a new music video called “One Less Lonely Girl.” Sorry, but if he’s singing to me, I’ll rather stay lonely. He’s like a little Jesse McCartney in the making and, not that I don’t love Jesse, but this guy is a cheap knock off. He has a baby face and looks like he needs a high chair. Don’t worry J Mc, no one can replace your “Beautiful Soul.”
- The Olsen Twins have a new clothing line called Olysenboyle. The line, named after their Norweigan family name, is for juniors and will be sold at JCPenny. Pieces from the line range from $20 to $50, so it won’t be a budget buster like their Row line. The clothes from the collection look refreshingly cute and won’t have you rocking the bag lady look that they personally tend to go for.
- Abigail Breslin is stirring controversy, but not for what you would think. No, she isn’t turning into a mini Miley Cyrus. She has has taken on the role of Helen Keller in a Broadway play. Advocates for the blind and deaf are upset because she isn’t blind and death in real life. I understand that people may want a disabled individual to have the role so they can do a realistic portrayal of Keller, but anyone who has seen a performance by Breslin should know that she doesn’t take her roles lightly and will probably do a good job.
- Leona Lewis’ new video for her song “Happy” is out, and it lives up to its title. In the video, Leona looks carefree and happy. After dealing with an attack at her book signing, she deserves to be just that. The uplifting ballads in the song are strong and are complemented by the imagery. It’s like watching a home video. You can’t help but smile. Check it out!
- The musical Wicked is coming to Syracuse. There will be showings from Wednesday, January 13 to Sunday, January 31, 2010 at Crouse Hinds Theater. If you don’t know Wicked, it’s based on the novel, which is loosely based on the film The Wizard of Oz. It’s worth seeing!